Today HTC has started rolling a minor software update for HTC U11 in USA. The update bumps the software version to 1.11.617.4. This update is not a major update but it comes out with few bug fix, system enhancements and other improvements in stability. The update OTA weighs 333MB in size and sent via OTA (Over the Air) update for users in US.
Also Check Related Post :
- Download Install HTC U11 Updates with 1.11.709.3 System Enhancement and Bug fix
- Download Install 1.03.401.6 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for HTC U11
- Best Custom ROM For HTC U11 – 3 New Added Custom ROM
- HTC U11 Stock Firmware Collections
- How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery For HTC U11
- How To Unlock Bootloader On HTC U11
The update is sent via OTA(Over-The-Air) in a phase wise manner. You may receive the OTA update on your device anytime soon. Once you receive, you will see the notification of the latest OTA update with build 1.11.617.4. If you have not received the OTA update then make sure your HTC U11 is running Stock ROM with no bootloader unlock or root. In case if you still not received the official firmware update, then you can manually check for the OTA update on HTC U11 by following the below simple step.
You can follow this method to Check for latest Update,
Go to Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to 1.11.617.4 For HTC U11 with system enhancements and Bug fix. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update HTC U11 to Android Nougat manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to Update HTC U11 to Nougat ROM.
What’s In Android 7.0 Nougat And Features ?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.0 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.0 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty Stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.0 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
How To Manually Update HTC U11 to Android Nougat ROM (1.11.617.4)
If you didn’t receive the official Stock ROM based nougat OTA on HTC U11, then either you can wait for the update notification to hit your phone or you can update manually. As OTA may take a few days or a week to be available for all, you can try to update manually by Going into
Settings —> About —> System Update and check for the update manually to upgrade HTC U11 with 1.11.617.4 Android Nougat build.
If you have the RUU Zip file of the latest 1.11.617.4 OTA, then follow below guide to flash the OTA build using below guide.
What Do You Need ?
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here
- Download HTC Drivers – Click Here
- Remember : This guide is to Install Stock ROM OTA Manually on HTC U11
- Supported only on HTC U11, Don’t try on any other devices.
- Your device must have 70% Of battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data).
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
Also Check Related Post :
- Download Install Build 1.62.401.1 Nougat For HTC U11
- Download Install Build 1.15.400.12 Nougat For HTC U11
- Download Build 1.09.617.12 Stock Nougat For HTC U11
- How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root on HTC U11
Full Firmware coming soon
Here are some of the OLD released Firmware
I Hope you successfully updated HTC U11 to Android Nougat from our guide. Please comment your queries and feedbacks.