Today HTC started rolling the latest update of Android Oreo for HTC U11+. The update brings the latest November 2017 Security patch update, system enhancement along with performance improvement. HTC launched HTC U11+ with Android Oreo on board, now it receives a new Android Security Patch for December 2017. With this update, HTC has bumped the software version to 1.24.400.2 for HTC U11+.
The update upgraded the Google Play service version to v11.9.51, also they improved the display (few reported problems with the new display improvement, which is really bad.)
The update has started to roll out via OTA (Over the Air) for users in a phase-wise manner. It may take a couple of days or weeks to reach every user. If you can’t wait for the Official OTA update, then you can check for the update manually by following the below steps.
Check For OTA Update 1.24.400.2 December 2017 Patch on HTC U11+
- In the Home screen, Tap on All apps, and then tap Settings.
- Go to About Phone.
- Tap Software updates.
- Tap Check now button to see if you have the new update.
- Tap DOWNLOAD to download the update.
- Wait for couple of hours to complete the download (depends on the speed)
- Once the download is completed, you will be prompted to install the new software from the Notifications pull down. Tap the notification to begin the upgrade process.
- Tap OK to begin the update process to software version 1.24.400.2.
WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not remove the AC charger or long-press the Power button as this might stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!
- The device will reboot and begin the installation. You will not be able to use the device during the installation process (approximately 10 minutes).
- Once the system update is complete, tap OK to continue.
- For best performance, open Play Store and tap the Menu icon, then select My apps and ensure all installed apps are updated.
The update to software version 1.24.400.2 is rolling via OTA and will hit HTC U11+ US Unlocked variant anytime soon. With this update, HTC also fixed regular bug fixes and improved the OS performance. In case if you already received the OTA update with build 1.24.400.2, then hit the download button to enjoy the major upgrade of Android oreo on HTC U11.
At GetDroidTips, We already shared the List of HTC Devices Getting Android 8.0 Oreo Update, Also we have shared the full list of Lineage OS 15 supported list based on Android Oreo.
[su_button url="https://www.getdroidtips.com/top-10-features-android-8-0-oreo/" target="blank" style="flat" background="#ed006c" color="#ffffff" size="10" wide="yes" center="yes" icon="icon: android" text_shadow="0px 0px 0px #fa6512"]TOP 10 FEATURES OF ANDROID 8.0 OREO[/su_button]
Check Related Post:
- HTC U11+ Stock Firmware Collections
- How To Unlock Bootloader On HTC U11+ (Official Method)
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery For HTC U11+