Asus started rolling a new update for Asus ZenFone 5 Lite/5Q (ZC600KL) which upgrades the April 2019 patch level and fixed regular bugs. The update is labeled with build number WW-14.0400.1905.067 and rolling out for users globally over-the-air. The latest security maintenance release fixes several vulnerabilities in both Android OS and Asus’s software ZenUI.
With this update, Asus improved the overall security features and improved the performance of the Asus ZenFone 5 Lite/5Q. You can check for the software update manually from the Asus ZenFone 5 Lite/5Q Settings > General > About phone > Update Center. Then tap on System update> Check for update. But if you’re an advanced user and don’t want to wait for a long, install the firmware update package manually. The firmware with build number WW-14.0400.1905.067 is currently available for download from below.
How to Download Over-The-Air Update..?
The OTA (over the air) usually comes to your device automatically but there is no guarantee how long it would take you to receive the OTA individually. This means even if the update is available in some parts of your region, you may not get to see it for weeks due to phase-wise roll out. So, the alternative way is to search for the software on your own. To do it,
- In your phone Settings > General > About phone > Update Center.
- Then tap on System update> Check for update.
- If the WW-14.0400.1905.067 update shows as available, then tap on Download.
The software may weigh a lot in size. So, the ideal way is to find and connect to a Wi-Fi network. Then download the OTA via Wi-Fi. It will save your carrier data charges. Your Asus ZenFone 5 Lite/5Q must have at least 50% or more before installing the new security update.
Here are the details of the firmware which brings the latest March 2019 security patch for Asus ZenFone 5 Lite/5Q.
- Device Name: Asus ZenFone 5 Lite/5Q
- Model: ZC600KL
- Baseband Version: WW-14.0400.1905.067
- Security Patch Level: 2019-04-01
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
- Region: Global
1.Update Google Security Patch
WW-14.0400.1905.067: Download [Official Server]
How to Install Update on Asus ZenFone 5 Lite/5Q.?
We have to follow the regular method and use the Odin tool to install the new stock firmware on Asus ZenFone 5 Lite/5Q. We have put up the tutorial below which will help you install the latest stock firmware on your phone. Do make sure to check the guidelines before you install the new update.
- Supported for Asus ZenFone 5 Lite/5Q [ZC600KL]
- Charge your device to 50% or more.
- Your device must be running on Stock ROM (for method 1)
- Before upgrading, take a complete backup of your data.
Method 1: Upgrade via Recovery:
- Download the firmware 14.0400.1905.067 from the above download section and move it to your device storage.
- Now we need to enter the device into the recovery mode.
- To do so, Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up
- Now in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Now Choose update.zip OTA firmware file which you downloaded.
- Wait for some time as the installation process completes.
- Now reboot your phone to complete the process. That’s it.
Method 2: Upgrade via ADB Sideload:
If you are running Custom ROM and want to install this firmware, then you can simply upgrade your device by following this method. Follow the link to know the step-by-step process.
I hope this guide was useful to upgrade your device to version WW-14.0400.1905.067.
So, that’s it, guys. Grab the WW-14.0400.1905.067 update fortify your Asus ZenFone 5 Lite/5Q from all security vulnerabilities. We hope his tutorial was useful. If you have got any doubts then do reach us through the comments section.