Asus has started rolling out the August 2019 security patch update for ZenFone 6 (ZS630KL). It comes with the build number WW-16.1220.1908.189 and is based on the latest Android 9.0 Pie version. The software update brings some of the bug fixes and system performance improvements as well.
The update is rolling out the firmware update via OTA globally and it may take some time to reach every user. The update also brings the latest August 2019 Android Security Patch level to the Asus ZenFone 6 for better security and privacy protection. We have shared a full detailed installation guide along with pre-requirements, download links, and other tools. So, check out the full guide below. If you have not received then you can check for the OTA update manually.
1.Video call tuning parameters updated
2.Supported more 18 settings in smart key
3.Updated audio parameter & quality Improved.
4.General system & app stability improved.
5.Optimized Translation Strings
6.2019 Jul. & Aug. security patch level updated
8.Preload new Rajiko & HybridRadio APK for JP
9.Preload new Netflix APK for BR
10.Supported Twin Apps(parts of games)
Check for OTA Updates on Asus ZenFone 6
OTA (over-the-air) update comes automatically to a device whenever the manufacturer released an Android update for a particular device. Most of the smartphone OEMs provide OTA updates to its devices in incremental mode and takes a few days to receive completely. However, if your device isn’t receiving any OTA updates automatically, you can check for it.
In order to check for the OTA updates manually on your handset:
- Go to the device Settings > General > About phone > Update Center.
- Then tap on System update> Check for update.
- If the update available on your device, then tap on Download.
WW-16.1220.1908.189: Firmware Details
Here is a little info about the firmware which brings the August 2019 security patch for Asus ZenFone 6.
- Device Name: Asus ZenFone 6
- Model: ZS630KL
- Baseband Version: WW-16.1220.1908.189
- Region: Global.
- Security Patch Level: 2019-08-01
- Software Supported: ADB Sideload or Asus Zenfone Flash tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
How to Install August 2019 Update on Asus ZenFone 6
We have to follow the regular process of using the Asus flash tool to install or update the Asus stock firmware on Asus ZenFone 6 device. We have provided the full guide below which will help you install the software on your phone. However, make sure to check the guidelines before you begin to flash the new update.
- This Pie-based firmware is only for Asus ZenFone 6. Don’t use it other devices.
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- A PC/Laptop and USB cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Full Backup without Root on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You must install Asus USB Drivers on your PC.
Download Required Files
Method 1: Upgrade via Recovery
- Download the firmware file from the download link given above and move it to your device storage.
- Now, enter the device into the recovery mode.
- Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up and your device will boot into recovery mode.
- Now, in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Choose update.zip OTA firmware (V16.1220.1908.189) file which you’ve downloaded and moved earlier.
- Wait for some time to complete the installation process.
- Finally, reboot your phone to complete the process.
- You’re done.
Method 2: Upgrade via ADB Sideload
If you are running any Custom ROM and want to install the Asus ZenFone 6 ZS630KL Firmware Update, then you can simply upgrade your device by following the method. Follow the step-by-step guide mentioned in the link below.
If the above method doesn’t work, then you can flash via Asus Zenfone Flash tool.
We hope this guide will be helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed the Stock Firmware on your Asus ZenFone 6 device. If you’re facing any issues regarding this, you can write down your comments in the comment section below.