HTC U Ultra is currently receiving an Android Oreo update in Taiwan. This update moves the device build number to 2.19.709.2. The changelog doesn’t mention anything exclusively as such. Though users have reported the update solves the red screen issue. Along with that 4G signals has become stronger.
The HTC U Ultra Android 8.0 Oreo update has started to roll out for users in the Taiwan region. It is being sent via OTA (Over the Air) for users in batches. It may take a couple of days or a week to reach every user. If you can’t wait for the Official OTA update, then you can check for the HTC U Ultra Android 8.0 Oreo update manually by following the below steps.
Let us see what more Android Oreo has to offer. Android 8.0 Oreo is the 8th version of Android OS. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
HTC U Ultra is a dual SIM flagship smartphone from HTC. It was launched in January 2017. The phone comes with a 5.70-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels. It runs on 2.15 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor and 6 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box. This device packs a 64 GB of expandable internal storage. HTC U Ultra brings a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 16-megapixel front face camera.
How to Check Software Update on HTC U Ultra
Although your device should automatically catch the OTA, still you can check for it yourself. Follow the steps given below.
- In the Home screen, Tap on All apps, and then tap Settings.
- Go to About Phone > Tap Software updates.
- Tap Check now buttons to see if you have the new update.
- Hit DOWNLOAD to download the update.
- Once the download is completed, you will be prompted to install the new software from the Notifications pull down.
- Click on the notification to begin the upgrade process.
- To begin the update process to software version 2.19.709.2 tap OK
- The device will reboot and begin the installation. You will not be able to use the device during the installation process.
- Once the system update is complete, tap OK to continue.
Follow GetDroidTips to get all latest Android Oreo firmware updates for all Android smartphones.