HTC in Taiwan started rolling the latest version of Android 8.0 Oreo for HTC U11. Now if you are a user in Taiwan, then you can just upgrade the version from Android Nougat to Android Oreo via OTA (Over The Air). HTC U11 is the first device to receive the official Android Oreo update via OTA. Earlier HTC launched U11 Plus with Oreo as pre-installed. The update brings the software version of 2.31.709.1 Android Oreo for HTC U11.
There is no official statement from the HTC about the release of Android Oreo for HTC U11 in US and Europe. We can expect that the release is around the corner and will hit every U11 phone anytime soon.
The update to software version 2.31.709.1 is rolling via OTA and will hit every phone in Taiwan anytime soon. With this update, HTC also added the support for VoWiFi service on Chunghwa Telecom. In case if you already received the OTA update with build 2.31.709.1, then hit the download button to enjoy the major upgrade of Android oreo on HTC U11.
Well, if you didn’t know the feature of Android Oreo. Here is the quick recap:
What’s on Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
At GetDroidTips, We already shared the List of HTC Devices Getting Android 8.0 Oreo Update, Also we have shared the full list of Lineage OS 15 supported list based on Android Oreo.
[su_button url="https://www.getdroidtips.com/top-10-features-android-8-0-oreo/" target="blank" style="flat" background="#ed006c" color="#ffffff" size="10" wide="yes" center="yes" icon="icon: android" text_shadow="0px 0px 0px #fa6512"]TOP 10 FEATURES OF ANDROID 8.0 OREO[/su_button]
In case if you still not received the 2.31.709.1 Android Oreo update, then check for the update manually by following the below steps.
- Your phone should have at least 50% of battery.
- Take full backup on your Phone completely before starting to update
How To Manually Update 2.31.709.1 Android Oreo for HTC U11
If you didn’t receive the official OTA on HTC U11, then either you can wait for the update notification to hit your phone or you can update manually. As OTA may take a few days or a week to be available for all, you can try to update manually by Going into
Settings —> About —> System Update and check for the update manually to upgrade HTC U11 to Android Oreo with 2.31.709.1.
There are two methods to Install Android Oreo for HTC U11 by given download link above.
- First of all, Turn off your phone.’
- Now boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume down and Power button simultaneously.
- Navigate using the Volume button to enter the bootloader menu – Reboot to Bootloader – Press power button to confirm
- Once you are in bootloader, navigate and choose the menu Reboot to Recovery by pressing power button
- Wait and when the recovery starts you will see a red triangle with an exclamation mark, here you can wait.
- Once you entered into recovery mode, navigate (use volume button) to menu apply update from phone storage, press power button to select.
- choose the OTA package that you have moved by pressing the power button.
- Once you are done, your device will reboot and enjoy the latest Android Oreo on HTC U11.