HTC started pushing the latest pushing the Android 8.0 Oreo update for HTC U11 in Europe. The update comes with software version 2.33.401.10 and weighs almost 1.32GB. Now you can enjoy the latest sweet of Android 8.0 Oreo on HTC U11 in European variants.
The update is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) as we speak. Since it is rolling in a phase-wise manner, it may take some time to reach every user with HTC U11. The update carries 1.32GB in size and brings all the features from Android 8.0 Oreo. The same update, also confirmed by the German division of HTC, comes a few days away from the apologies made by HTC UK about the delay accumulated for the distribution of the new software release.
Update 2.33.401.10 Android Oreo for HTC U11 in Europe
Well, if you didn’t know the feature of Android Oreo. Here is the quick recap:
Among the new features present with the new update, HTC U11 receives all the features of Android Oreo 8.0 including New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
If you can’t wait for the Official OTA update, then you can check for the update manually by following the below steps.
- In the Home screen, Tap on All apps, and then tap Settings.
- Go to About Phone.
- Tap Software updates.
- Click on Check now buttons to see if you have the new update.
- Tap DOWNLOAD to download the update.
- Wait for couple of hours to complete the download (depends on the speed)
- Once the download is completed, you will be prompted to install the new software from the Notifications pull down. Tap the notification to begin the upgrade process.
- Tap OK to begin the update process to software version 2.33.401.10.
WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not remove the AC charger or long-press the Power button as this might stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!
- The device will reboot and begin the installation. You will not be able to use the device during the installation process (approximately 10 minutes).
- Once the system update is complete, tap OK to continue.
- For best performance, open Play Store and tap the Menu icon, then select My apps and ensure all installed apps are updated.
The update, in gradual distribution, will arrive on all compatible devices over the next few weeks. We, therefore, encourage you to periodically check the availability in the system settings.
At GetDroidTips, We already shared the List of HTC Devices Getting Android 8.0 Oreo Update, Also we have shared the full list of Lineage OS 15 supported list based on Android Oreo.
HTC has promised to update HTC U Ultra to Android Oreo very soon. There is no ETA about the major update.
[su_button url="https://www.getdroidtips.com/top-10-features-android-8-0-oreo/" target="blank" style="flat" background="#ed006c" color="#ffffff" size="10" wide="yes" center="yes" icon="icon: android" text_shadow="0px 0px 0px #fa6512"]TOP 10 FEATURES OF ANDROID 8.0 OREO[/su_button]