After rolling Official Android Oreo update for Unlocked HTC 10 users in USA. Today HTC has started pushing the Oreo update for HTC 10 in MEA region (the Middle East and Africa). The update comes with build number 18.104.22.168 and also brings the latest Android Security patch update. This is the major upgrade to HTC 10 after the Android Nougat.
The update is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) to users in MEA. Now if you have received the update, then you can flash it on your phone. In case if you are rooted then there is no chance that you will get the official OTA update on your device anytime soon.
Update 22.214.171.124 Android Oreo Update on HTC 10 in MEA region
Like with every Android 8.0 Oreo update, this update also comes with all Android Oreo features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat.
How to Manually Upgrade to Android Oreo on HTC 10:
If you can’t wait for the Official OTA update, then you can check for the update manually by following the below steps.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on About Phone.
- Tap Software updates.
- Click on Check now buttons to see if you have the new update.
- Tap DOWNLOAD to download the update.
- Wait for couple of hours to complete the download (depends on the speed)
- After download, Tap OK to begin the update process to software version 126.96.36.199.
WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not remove the AC charger or long-press the Power button as this might stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!
I hope this guide was helpful to Update 188.8.131.52 Android Oreo Update on HTC 10 in the Middle East and Africa
Check out this link to see if your phone will support Android 8.0 Oreo.
HTC announced the list of HTC devices updating to Android 8.0 Oreo.
If your phone model is not on the official device list, then you need not worry! Here is the list of Supported device to receive Lineage OS 15 based on Android Oreo.
You can also install Lineage OS 14.1 on HTC 10 by following the steps given here.
Check Popular Post:
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices