Earlier today, We had shared the latest Security Patch update for month August for Sony Xperia XZ Premium, XZ and X Performance. Today Sony updated Xperia X to latest August Security Patch. The new update bumps the build number to 34.3.A.0.217 with the most recent Security Patch on Xperia X. According to Xperia blog, this isn’t a major upgrade from the last update and brings no changes to Android OS other than fixing the vulnerabilities with August Security Patch.
The update comes via OTA (Over The Air) in a Phase wise manner, and if you already have a Stock ROM running on Sony Xperia X, then you can update your phone using 34.3.A.0.217 Nougat August Security Update. The update has already started rolling out via OTA for some region and you may receive the update anytime soon on your phone. The latest Nougat update comes with a build number 34.3.A.0.217 August Security Update for Sony Xperia X and some minor bug fix and improvements.
The new update is still based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and if you didn’t receive the notification of the new update, then Go to Settings —> About phone —-> System updates. You August find the new update, but if you still not received the latest August Security Update for Sony Xperia X, then head down below and download the latest 34.3.A.0.217 FTF file for Sony Xperia X. After downloading the 34.3.A.0.217 FTF, you can install the OTA file manually on your Sony Xperia X.
What Is In Android 7.1.1 Nougat And Its Feature?
Android 7.1.1 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- This will work on Sony Xperia X, Don’t Try this in Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
- Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC.
Steps To Install 34.3.A.0.217 Nougat August Security Patch For Sony Xperia X
- First of all, Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC/Laptop
- Download the FTF Files and move the firmware file to your Sony Flash Tool –> Firmware folder
- Make sure to install the Flash tool drivers on PC by finding the installed location of Sony Flashtool (C:\Users\–PC Name–\flashtool.)
- Now download the Sony USB Drivers from the Pre-Requisite link and install it
- Now you need to enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. To Enable the USB Debugging, First, you need to activate the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Now run the Sony Flashtool.exe on your Computer
- Power off your phone and now hold VOLUME DOWN button and connect the phone to the computer using USB Cable.
- Once your phone detects on Sony Flashtool window
- Now in the Flashtool Window, Tap on Flash device –>> Flash mode and select the firmware from the firmware folder
- Recommended to clean install by selecting the Wipe, User data, and app_log (This will wipe your data and do a clean installation)
- Now tap on OK button and wait for the firmware to load completely.
- Your installation process will start, now wait for few minutes to complete the installation.
- have fun with the latest version of 34.3.A.0.217 Nougat update on Sony Xperia X.
This Article is about installing latest August Security Patch For Sony Xperia X. Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback on 34.3.A.0.217 Nougat in the comment section below.