Here we will share the November Security Patch for Xperia X and X Compact. Earlier we had shared the full download link to download October Security update for Xperia X and X Compact. Today Sony started rolling the November Security patch update for Xperia X and X Compact which bumps the build number from 34.3.A.0.238 to 34.3.A.0.244.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) and will soon hit every corner of the world. To receive the OTA update, your phone must be running Stock ROM without any root or mods installed. The update has already started rolling out via OTA for some region and you may receive the November 2017 Security update anytime soon on your phone.
The update is still based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, You can check the Full List of Sony Xperia devices to receive Android Oreo update and see if your device support next Android Oreo update.
If you didn’t receive the notification of the new update, then Go to Settings —> About phone —-> System updates. You may find the new update, but if you still not received the latest November 2017 Security update for Xperia X and X Compact, then head down below and download the latest 34.3.A.0.244 FTF file for Xperia X and X Compact. After downloading the 34.3.A.0.244 FTF, you can install the OTA file manually on your Sony Xperia X and X Compact.
Table of Contents
Flash 34.3.A.0.244 Nougat November 2017 Security Update for Xperia X and X Compact
To update manually on Xperia X and X Compact with FTF 34.3.A.0.244 Nougat update, you need Sony Flashtool. Download the Sony Flashtool on your computer and follow the guide below on How to Install 34.3.A.0.244 Nougat update on Sony Xperia X and X Compact Manually.
What Is In Android 7.1.1 Nougat And Its Feature?
Android 7.1.1 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
Supported Device Model Number:
Xperia X – F5121, F5121 USA and F5122
Xperia X Compact – F5321
- This will work on Xperia X and X Compact, Don’t Try this on Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
- Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC.
OTA for 34.3.A.0.244 will be uploaded soon.
Steps To Install 34.3.A.0.244 Nougat update on Xperia X and X Compact
- First of all, Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC/Laptop
- Download the FTF Files and move the firmware file to your Sony Flash Tool –> Firmware folder
- Make sure to install the Flash tool drivers on PC by finding the installed location of Sony Flashtool (C:\Users\–PC Name–\flashtool.)
- Now download the Sony USB Drivers from the Pre-Requisite link and install it
- Now you need to enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. To Enable the USB Debugging, First you need to activate the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Now run the Sony Flashtool.exe on your Computer
- Power off your phone and now hold VOLUME DOWN button and connect the phone to computer using USB Cable.
- Once your phone detects on Sony Flashtool window
- Now in the Flashtool Window, Tap on Flash device –>> Flash mode and select the firmware from the firmware folder
- Recommended to clean install by selecting the Wipe, Userdata, and app_log (This will wipe your data and do a clean installation)
- Now tap on OK button and wait for the firmware to load completely.
- Your installation process will start, now wait for few minutes to complete the installation.
- have fun with the latest version of 34.3.A.0.244 Nougat update on Xperia X and X Compact.
This Article is about installing latest November 2017 Security Update for Xperia X and X Compact. Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback on 34.3.A.0.244 Nougat in the comment section below.