Sony finally started rolling a new update to the 2016 budget smartphone Sony Xperia E5 with build number 37.0.A.2.248. The update brings no major changes except the latest security patch which has moved to July 2017. It is currently rolling for the model number F3311 and will soon be made available for F3313.
The update is sent via OTA (Over the air) and will soon reach your phone. According to the screenshot published by Xperia blog, the update is still based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Along with July 2017 Security patch, the update also includes regular bug fixes and improvements.
If you didn’t receive the notification of the new update, then Go to Settings —> About phone —-> System updates. You may find the new update with build number 37.0.A.2.248 for Xperia E5, hit the download button to start downloading and installing the update. After downloading the 37.0.A.2.248 FTF, your phone will be upgraded to latest security patch.
Model: Sony Xperia E5 (F3311)
Firmware version: 37.0.A.2.248_R5A
Region: Global (Generic) [1302-1049]
Android version: 6.0
Download 37.0.A.2.248 Firmware File:DOWNLOAD ROM
- This will work on Sony Xperia E5, Don’t Try this in Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
- Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC.
- First of all, Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC/Laptop
- Download the FTF Files and move the firmware file to your Sony Flash Tool –> Firmware folder
- Make sure to install the Flash tool drivers on PC by finding the installed location of Sony Flashtool (C:\Users\–PC Name–\flashtool.)
- Now download the Sony USB Drivers from the Pre-Requisite link and install it
- Now you need to enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. To Enable the USB Debugging, First, you need to activate the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Now run the Sony Flashtool.exe on your Computer
- Power off your phone and now hold VOLUME DOWN button and connect the phone to the computer using USB Cable.
- Once your phone detects on Sony Flashtool window
- Now in the Flashtool Window, Tap on Flash device –>> Flash mode and select the firmware from the firmware folder
- Recommended to clean install by selecting the Wipe, Userdata, and app_log (This will wipe your data and do a clean installation)
- Now tap on OK button and wait for the firmware to load completely.
- Your installation process will start, now wait for few minutes to complete the installation.
- have fun with the latest version of 37.0.A.2.248 Marshmallow update on Sony Xperia E5.
This Article is about installing latest July 2017 Security Update for Sony Xperia E5. Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback on 37.0.A.2.248 Marshmallow in the comment section below.