Today Verizon started rolling it’s official Android 7.0 Nougat update for HTC One M9. The update comes with build number 4.49.605.11 and comes with all Android Nougat features with HTC apps installed in it. This update comes with few bug fix and minor improvements along with March Security Patch update.
The update has started rolling out via OTA for Verizon Carrier users in the USA. As we know this new update is one of the sweetest updates from Google up till now with its latest features like Multitasking, Split screen, Vulcan API, Notification redesign, Quick Reply etc. The latest updated Firmware for Verizon HTC One M9 will receive the latest build 4.49.605.11 based on Android 7.0 Nougat. The new Stock Android Nougat Firmware comes with all Android Nougat features. The latest OTA update of Android Nougat for Verizon HTC One M9 brings the latest security patch of March month. The 4.49.605.11 OTA weighs about (Not yet known). Now you can enjoy Nougat Firmware on Verizon HTC One M9 by following the below step by step guide to flash Android 7.0 Nougat Stock ROM on Verizon HTC One M9.
Now you can update the HTC One M9 via OTA. If you didn’t receive any OTA update then Go manually check for the update by below simple step on your phone.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update HTC One M9 to Android Nougat manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to Update HTC One M9 to Nougat ROM.
What’s In Android 7.0 Nougat And Features?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.0 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.0 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty Stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.0 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
How To Manually Update Verizon HTC One M9 to Android Nougat ROM (4.49.605.11)
If you didn’t receive the official Stock ROM based nougat OTA on HTC One M9, then either you can wait for the update notification to hit your phone or you can update manually. As OTA may take a few days or a week to be available for all, you can try to update manually by Going into
Settings —> About —> System Update and check for the update manually to upgrade HTC One M9 with 4.49.605.11 Android Nougat build.
If you have the RUU Zip file of the latest 4.49.605.11 OTA, then follow below guide to flash the OTA build using below guide.
- Remember: This guide is to Install Stock ROM OTA Manually on Verizon HTC One M9
- Supported only on Verizon HTC One M9, Don’t try on any other devices.
- Your device must have 70% Of battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
What Do You Need ?
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here
- Download HTC Drivers – Click Here
Steps To Manually Update Verizon HTC One M9 to Nougat Firmware via ADB Fastboot (4.49.605.11)
To update manually Verizon HTC One M9 to January Security update via ADB Fastboot, you must be running locked bootloader and stock ROM. If you have already rooted then make sure to unroot and then follow this step to 4.49.605.11 update Verizon HTC One M9 to January Security patch manually.
- First of all enable the Developer OptioTo Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool and Install in your PC/Computer
- Download the OTA RUU zip and copy or move to ADB Folder.
- Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the following command in your command window to reboot the HTC One M9 into download mode
adb reboot download
- Your Phone will boot into download mode, if not, you boot into download mode manually by following step below
—-> Power Off your phone.
—-> Press and hold Power + Vol Down at the same time
—-> Once you see the download mode, now you can use the volume down and power button to navigate and select
- Now type the command below on your ADB command window to Boot your device to RUUMode
fastboot oem rebootRUU
- Now flash the RUU zip file by following command below (File_name is the name of the file.)
fastboot flash zip File_name.zip
- Wait for the ROM or OTA to get installed. Once installation completes, you can reboot your phone.
- That’s it! DONE !!!! You have upgraded your HTC One M9 to Android Nougat.
I Hope you successfully updated Verizon HTC One M9 to Android Nougat from our guide. Please comment your queries and feedbacks.