Along with Xperia X Performance and Xperia ZsX received June Security Patch, Sony also released new firmware update for Xperia XZ Premium. The new update comes with June Security Patch for Xperia XZ Premium which bumps the build number to 45.0.A.5.1. According to Xperiablog, this ain’t a major upgrade from last update and brings no changes to Android OS other than fixing the vulnerabilities with June Security Patch.
The update comes via OTA and if you already have a Stock ROM running on Sony Xperia XZ Premium (G8141 and G8142) then you can update your phone using 45.0.A.5.1 Nougat June Security update. The update has already started rolling out via OTA for some region and you June receive the update anytime soon on your phone. The latest Nougat update comes with a build number 45.0.A.5.1 June Security update for Xperia XZ Premium (G8141 and G8142) and some minor bug fix and improvements.
The new update is still based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and if you didn’t receive the notification of the new update, then Go to Settings —> About phone —-> System updates. You June find the new update, but if you still not received the latest June Security update for Xperia XZ Premium (G8141 and G8142), then head down below and download the latest 45.0.A.5.1 FTF file for Xperia XZ Premium (G8141 and G8142). After downloading the 45.0.A.5.1 FTF, you can install the OTA file manually on your Sony Xperia XZ Premium (G8141 and G8142).
Download 45.0.A.5.1 June Security Patch For Xperia XZ Premium
To update manually on Xperia XZ Premium with FTF 45.0.A.5.1 Nougat update, you need Sony Flashtool. Download the Sony Flashtool on your computer and follow the guide below on How to Install 45.0.A.5.1 Nougat update on Sony Xperia XZ Premium (G8141 and G8142) Manually .
What Is In Android 7.1.1 Nougat And Its Feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.1.1 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.1.1 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.1.1 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1.1 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- This will work on Xperia XZ Premium (G8141 and G8142), Don’t Try this in Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
- Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC.
Steps To Install 45.0.A.5.1 Nougat June Security Patch For Xperia XZ Premium (G8141 and G8142)
- First of all, Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC/Laptop
- Download the FTF Files and move the firmware file to your Sony Flash Tool –> Firmware folder
- Make sure to install the Flash tool drivers on PC by finding the installed location of Sony Flashtool (C:\Users\–PC Name–\flashtool.)
- Now download the Sony USB Drivers from the Pre-Requisite link and install it
- Now you need to enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. To Enable the USB Debugging, First you need to activate the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Now run the Sony Flashtool.exe on your Computer
- Power off your phone and now hold VOLUME DOWN button and connect the phone to computer using USB Cable.
- Once your phone detects on Sony Flashtool window
- Now in the Flashtool Window, Tap on Flash device –>> Flash mode and select the firmware from the firmware folder
- Recommended to clean install by selecting the Wipe, Userdata, and app_log (This will wipe your data and do a clean installation)
- Now tap on OK button and wait for the firmware to load completely.
- Your installation process will start, now wait for few minutes to complete the installation.
- have fun with the latest version of 45.0.A.5.1 Nougat update on Xperia XZ Premium (G8141 and G8142).
This Article is about installing latest June Security Patch For Xperia XZ Premium (G8141 and G8142). Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback on 45.0.A.5.1 Nougat in the comment section below.