Today Sony started rolling a new firmware update for Sony Xperia L2 which bumps the software version to 49.0.A.3.72. The update remains to be fueled under Android 7.1.1 Nougat and there is no information whether this device will receive Oreo update. The update comes with only minor bug fixes and improvement to the overall performance.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) and will soon reach every user around the globe. The OTA is sent in a phase-wise manner. So kindly wait, you will receive the update anytime soon. There is a chance of getting delayed. If you can’t wait, then we will give you the download link very soon to install the update manually on your phone.
Table of Contents
How to Check Software Update manually on Xperia L2:
If you didn’t receive the notification of the new update, then Go to Settings —> About phone —-> System updates. You may find the new update with build number 49.0.A.3.72 for Xperia L2, hit the download button to start downloading and installing the update. After downloading the 49.0.A.3.72 FTF, your phone will be upgraded.
[su_note note_color=”#fffdc4″ text_color=”#000000″]
If anyone has a mirror link, please comment the link here. We will surely credit you with the same. You can download the file and upload it to any mirror hosting website.
Download Full Firmware
How to Manually Install 49.0.A.3.72 FTF Update:
To install the firmware, first, follow the pre-requisite steps.
- This will work on Sony Xperia L2, Don’t Try this on Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
- Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC.
- First of all, Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC/Laptop
- Download the FTF Files and move the firmware file to your Sony Flash Tool –> Firmware folder
- Make sure to install the Flash tool drivers on PC by finding the installed location of Sony Flashtool (C:\Users\–PC Name–\flashtool.)
- Now download the Sony USB Drivers from the Pre-Requisite link and install it
- Now you need to enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. To Enable the USB Debugging, First, you need to activate the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Now run the Sony Flashtool.exe on your Computer
- Power off your phone and now hold VOLUME DOWN button and connect the phone to the computer using USB Cable.
- Once your phone detects on Sony Flashtool window
- Now in the Flashtool Window, Tap on Flash device –>> Flash mode and select the firmware from the firmware folder
- Recommended to clean install by selecting the Wipe, Userdata, and app_log (This will wipe your data and do a clean installation)
- Now tap on OK button and wait for the firmware to load completely.
- Your installation process will start, now wait for few minutes to complete the installation.
- have fun with the latest version of 49.0.A.3.72 Nougat update on Sony Xperia L2.
This Article is about installing the latest firmware for Sony Xperia L2. Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback on 49.0.A.3.72 Nougat in the comment section below.