Sony has started rolling out the August 2019 security patch update for Sony Xperia XA2, XA2 Plus, and XA2 Ultra. It comes with the build number 50.2.A.0.400 and is based on the latest Android 9.0 Pie version. The software update brings some of the bug fixes and system performance improvements as well.
The update is rolling out the firmware update via OTA in UK, Brazil, China, Taiwan, Russia and more region and it may take some time globally. The update also brings the latest August 2019 Android Security Patch level to the Sony Xperia XA2, XA2 Plus, and XA2 Ultra for better security and privacy protection. We have shared a full detailed installation guide along with pre-requirements, download links, and other tools. So, check out the full guide below. If you have not received then you can check for the OTA update manually.
Check for OTA Updates on Sony Xperia XA2, XA2 Plus, and XA2 Ultra
OTA (over-the-air) update comes automatically to a device whenever the manufacturer released an Android update for a particular device. Most of the smartphone OEMs provide OTA updates to its devices in incremental mode and takes a few days to receive completely. However, if your device isn’t receiving any OTA updates automatically, you can check for it.
In order to check for the OTA updates manually on your handset:
- Navigate to Settings > System Updates
- Now Tap on Check for Updates.
- If the 50.2.A.0.400 update shows up, simply tap Download to begin
50.2.A.0.400: Firmware Details
Here is a little info about the firmware which brings the August 2019 security patch for Sony Xperia XA2, XA2 Plus, and XA2 Ultra.
- Device Name: Sony Xperia XA2, XA2 Plus, and XA2 Ultra
- Baseband Version: 50.2.A.0.400
- Security Patch Level: 2019-08-01
- Software Supported: Sony Flash Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
How to Install August 2019 Update on Sony Xperia XA2, XA2 Plus, and XA2 Ultra
We have to follow the regular process of using the Sony flash tool to install or update the Sony stock firmware on Sony Xperia XA2, XA2 Plus, and XA2 Ultra device. We have provided the full guide below which will help you install the software on your phone. However, make sure to check the guidelines before you begin to flash the new update.
- This ROM is supported only for Sony Xperia XA2, XA2 Plus, and XA2 Ultra.
- You should have a working Windows PC/Laptop
- Download and Install the latest Sony USB Driver for Windows and MAC. [For All Android USB Drivers]
- Download and Install the Sony Flash Tool / XperiFirm Tool on your PC
- Charge your phone to at least 50% before upgrading your phone.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
Here is the download link for the new August 2019 security patch update based stock firmware for Sony Xperia XA2, XA2 Plus, and XA2 Ultra.
- Sony Xperia XA2 Firmware
- Sony Xperia XA2 Dual Firmware
- Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra Firmware
- Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra Dual Firmware
Instructions to Install on Sony Xperia XA2, XA2 Plus, and XA2 Ultra:
To install Stock Firmware on Sony Xperia XA2, XA2 Plus, and XA2 Ultra, you need to first download the firmware file and drivers. After that, you can follow this detailed guide on how to install stock firmware using Sony Flash tool.Guide to Install Stock firmware using Sony Flash tool
If the above method doesn’t work, try with XPeriaToolGuide to Install using XPerifirm tool
We hope this guide will be helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed the Stock Firmware on your Sony Xperia XA2, XA2 Plus, and XA2 Ultra device. If you’re facing any issues regarding this, you can write down your comments in the comment section below.