Sony Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 Plus started receiving June 2020 security patch with build number 53.1.A.3.34. The update is now available for download officially in this guide below.
As we speak, this update is available for download via FOTA (firmware over the air) which fixes the potential security issues with some bug fixes and improvements. We highly recommend you to install this update for better security enhancements. You can either wait for the software update to hit your device automatically or you can manually install the update (53.1.A.3.34: June 2020 Security Patch) by following our guide.
Table of Contents
Check Software Updates (OTA)
To check for the software update, Go into settings on your Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 Plus, and check the Software update menu. If you have a new update, then hit the download option to start the upgrade process.
Before downloading, make sure that your device battery is charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network for faster & stable downloads.
Firmware Info: 53.1.A.3.34
- Device Name: Sony Xperia 10 and 10 Plus
- Xperia 10: I3113, I4113, I3123, I4193
- Xperia 10 Plus: I3213, I4213, I4293, I3223
- Region: Global
- Build Number: 53.1.A.3.34
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: Xperia Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-06-01
How to Flash Firmware on Sony Xperia 10 and 10 Plus using Flash tool
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Sony Xperia 10 / Xperia 10 Plus device, then you need to download the flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- The firmware update file is only for Xperia 10 / Xperia 10 Plus model. Don’t try it on other models.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least to reduce the occasional shutdown.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything.
- Download and Install the Sony Flash Tool / XperiFirm Tool on your PC
- Download and Install the latest Sony USB Driver for Windows and MAC. [For All Android USB Drivers]
- Firmware Download:
Instructions to install
To install Stock Firmware on Sony Xperia 10 / Xperia 10 Plus, you need to first download the firmware file and drivers. After that, you can follow this detailed guide on how to install stock firmware using Sony Flash tool.Guide to Install Stock firmware using Sony Flash tool
If the above method doesn’t work, try with XPeriaToolGuide to Install using XPerifirm tool
Hope this guide will be helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed the latest update (53.1.A.3.34) on your Sony Xperia 10 / Xperia 10 Plus device. If you have any queries, you can ask in the comments below