The Japanese smartphone OEM Sony has started rolling out the latest July 2020 Android Security Patch to its couple of devices such as Sony Xperia XZ2 series (Xperia XZ2, XZ2 Compact, and Xperia XZ2 Premium). The update is live globally with the software version 52.1.A.3.49 based on Android 10. Now, if you’re one of the Sony Xperia XZ2 series users and want to install the latest patchset then you can Download 52.1.A.3.49: Sony Xperia XZ2 Series Gets July 2020 Security Patch by following this article.
In terms of the latest July 2020 Android Security Patch Level, it fixes a critical security vulnerability in the System component that could enable a remote attacker by executing arbitrary code on the Android system. It also improves the system security and stability. So, all the interested users should install the latest patchset. Sony always roll-out the firmware OTA update in batches and users can manually check for OTA by following the steps below.
Table of Contents
Check OTA Updates
It’s always recommended to check for the software update manually on your handset via the device Settings > System > System updates. If the latest update is available, you should download and install it. Make sure that the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network and charged more than 50%.
However, sometimes not all the users may not receive the OTA update notification within the expected time. So, if in case, you’ve missed out on the OTA update or haven’t received it yet, then you can check out the full-depth flashing guide below.
Firmware Info: 52.1.A.3.49
- Device Name: Sony Xperia XZ2 (Xperia XZ2, XZ2 Compact, and Xperia XZ2 Premium) Series
- Xperia XZ2: H8216 / H8266 / H8296 / H8276
- Xperia XZ2 Compact: H8314 / H8324
- Xperia XZ2 Premium: H8166 / H8116
- Region: Global
- Build Number: 52.1.A.3.49
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: Xperia Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-07-01
How to Install Firmware on Sony Xperia XZ2 Series using Xperia Flash tool
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Sony Xperia XZ2 Series device, then you need to download the flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- The firmware update file is only for Xperia XZ2 Series (Xperia XZ2, XZ2 Compact, and Xperia XZ2 Premium). Don’t try it on other models.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least to reduce the occasional shutdown.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything.
- Download and Install the Sony Flash Tool / XperiFirm Tool on your PC
- Download and Install the latest Sony USB Driver for Windows and MAC. [For All Android USB Drivers]
- Firmware Download:
- Sony Xperia XZ2 52.1.A.3.49 Firmware
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact 52.1.A.3.49 Firmware
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium 52.1.A.3.49 Firmware
Instructions to Install
To install Stock Firmware on Sony Xperia XZ2, you need to first download the firmware file and drivers. After that, you can follow this detailed guide on how to install stock firmware using the Sony Flash tool.
If the above method doesn’t work, try with XperiaTool
Hope this guide will be helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed the latest July 2020 patch update (52.1.A.3.49) on your Sony Xperia XZ2 Series (Xperia XZ2, XZ2 Compact, and Xperia XZ2 Premium). If you have any queries, you can ask in the comments below.