Xiaomi Mi 5X (codename: tiffany) launched in July 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat. Here we have a latest Custom ROM which brings all the Google Pixel phone feature on your Xiaomi Mi 5X based on Android 8.1 Oreo. This custom ROM is known as Google Pixel Experience ROM. Now you can download and install Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5X (tiffany). Thanks to the XDA member sooti, for bringing this ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5X. This is ported ROM from Xiaomi Mi A1.
Talking about the specifications, Xiaomi Mi 5X features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Xiaomi Mi 5X comes with Dual 12MP and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3080 mAh battery with Fast battery charging 5V/2A. It also has a Fingerprint sensor on the back.
What is Pixel Experience ROM?
As the name suggests, ROM brings the real Google Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5X (tiffany). It has all the features and applications which comes out of the box with Google Pixel smartphone. Now you can experience the real Pixel Smartphone with this ROM. With this ROM, you can enjoy
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- Pixel Boot Animation
- Google Assistant
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel Live Wallpapers
- Round Icon for Settings
- Pixel’s blue accent
Full Credits to the XDA member, sooti who developed this ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5X in his free time.
Now you can download and install the AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo for Xiaomi Mi 5X. Along with Android 8.1 Oreo features, The update also adds the latest November Security Patch.
Here you can download and install the latest Google Pixel Experienced ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5X based on Android 8.1 Oreo. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver. Before moving down to install this ROM, let me brief about the Android 8.1 and their features.
What's in Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo. It is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo, but there’s plenty worth checking out. This doesn't mean Android 8.1 doesn't include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- tiffany Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
Changes and Update to Android 8.1 Oreo
Here is the video to find the full features of Pixel Experience ROM:
Steps to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5X
To install this ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5X, First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery. We also shared officially Supported device list of Android Oreo and also Supported device list of Lineage OS 15.0.
- This will work on Xiaomi Mi 5X (tiffany) (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Instructions to Install
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 5X
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi 5X. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Android 8.1 Oreo for Xiaomi Mi 5X.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Required ROM FILES
Gapps Included inside the ROM
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices - Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
That's it! I hope you have installed the Google Pixel Experience ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5X. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Source: Development Page