Samsung released its first flagship series of the year 2020, the Galaxy S20 that includes Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and Galaxy S20 Ultra. After ditching the TouchWiz UI, Samsung went ahead with the One UI 2.0 with Android 9 Pie, and since then the company has been well appreciated for its efforts in making the custom UI actually convenient for the users. Moreover, the devices from Samsung are also among the very first to pick up January, February, March, and even April security patches even ahead of Google Pixel devices itself.
All three devices come with a high refresh rate display up to 120Hz and there is a trick up our sleeve that can enable the 90Hz refresh rate on any app on Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, and Galaxy S20 Ultra. You just need to execute a few ADB commands on your PC and you are good to go. So, that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
How to Enable the 90Hz Refresh Rate on Samsung Galaxy S20 Series
- Download the SDK Platform-tools from here and install it on your PC.
- Extract the contents of the SDK tools on your PC.
- You also need to enable the USB debugging option on your Galaxy S20. Galaxy S20 Plus or the Galaxy S20 Ultra. And to do that:
– Enable the Developer Option on your device. To do this go to Settings>> About>> Software Information>> More.
– Tap on the Build Number 7-8 times until you see a message “Developer option enabled.”
– Now head back to Settings>> Developer Option>>Enable USB Debugging.
- Now connect your Galaxy S20 phone to the PC via a USB cable.
- You need to open a command prompt in the same folder where you have extracted the contents of the SDK Platform-tools.
- Now enter the below commands:
- Then, copy and paste the below commands on the command prompt:
adb shell settings put system peak_refresh_rate 96.0
adb shell settings put system min_refresh_rate 96.0
- Hit OK if there is a prompt message on your phone.
- Now you just need to head over to the Settings>>Display>>and select 60Hz and then again select 120Hz.
- That’s it!
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked the post and were able to activate the 90Hz refresh rate Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, and Galaxy S20 Ultra. Let us know in the commands below if you come across any issues while following the above-mentioned methods. Until the next post…Cheers!