Samsung in the USA started rolling the December 2019 security patch for the Verizon / Sprint Galaxy A10e. The update is still based on Android 9.0 Pie with build number A102USQU4ASK7. The update is now live and brings nothing new except the security patch.
Otherwise, those users who do not like to wait for the update can manually install the software update on their Galaxy A10e smartphone. We have put up the firmware zip file and a detailed installation guide that will help you to flash the new A102USQU4ASK7 software.
Check for OTA Update
As we mentioned, as the OTA update moves automatically, it may happen that some users int he region may miss the update. They may not receive it for weeks. So, it’s better to search for the update manually.
Go to Settings App > Go to System > Tap on System Updates. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the A102USQU4ASK7 update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
To download the software update fast, use Wi-Fi to download the update. Before downloading the update, charge your device up to 50% or more. Your device will not allow you to install the new software if the battery is very low.
Also, if you do not succeed in capturing the OTA manually, then the next option is to install the firmware file that packs the December 2019 Android patch. First, let’s check out the details of the firmware.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A10e (SM-A102U)
- Region: USA
- Carriers: Verizon / Sprint
- Build number: A102USQU4ASK7
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Security Patch Level: 2019-12-01
This software update removes Yahoo Play App.
Yahoo Play App Removal
Current users will not experience the Yahoo App removal after this software update. Instead, if you try to launch the Yahoo Play App on your phone, you will be notified the service is being discontinued.
How to install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy A10e
You have to use the Odin tool to install the stock firmware on your Verizon Galaxy A10e. Also, make sure to have the correct Samsung USB drivers with you. We have put up the download links to all the important tools in the next section.
- This firmware zip file and this tutorial is exclusive for Verizon Galaxy A10e (SM-A102U).
- Don’t install the firmware file provided here on other Samsung smartphones.
- Charge up the phone battery to 50% to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- A PC and a USB Cable
- Make sure to take a complete backup(non-root method) of your device data before installing it.
- Enter your device into the Samsung Download Mode as well.