Today Samsung rolled April 2020 Security Patch update to Galaxy Tab S5E (SM-T720 variant) in the Middle East and African region. The update labeled with build number T720XXS1ATC6 which is still based on Android 9.0 Pie with OneUi 1.0. In this guide, you can follow our instructions to install the April 2020 Security Patch for Galaxy Tab S5E.
There are no major changes apart from the security patch level which fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. We highly recommend you to install the latest patch to secure your Galaxy Tab S5E in the future cyber-attack. You can check for the latest software update by going into device Settings > System > System updates.
Firmware Details: T720XXS1ATC6
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E (SM-T720)
- Region: Middle East and Africa
- Build Number: T720XXS1ATC6
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-04-01
- Supported Countries: Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, Libya, Iraq, Nigeria, Israel, Kenya, Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria, Turkey, UAE (United Arab Emirates), South Africa.
Table of Contents
How to Install Firmware on Galaxy Tab S5E
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (T720XXS1ATC6) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide: T720XXS1ATC6
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the April 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy Tab S5E model with build number T720XXS1ATC6. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.