In this article, we have shared the August 2020 security patch update for Verizon Galaxy A20 with build number A205USQS6BTH1. The update is based on Android 10 and brings no major changes except security patch and bug fixes. This update is now live in the USA region.
It is started rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner. If you have a Galaxy A20 with variant SM-A205U, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to August 2020 with build number A205USQS6BTH1.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Galaxy A20:
If you have not received the notification to upgrade your firmware to A205USQS6BTH1, then check for the OTA update manually by going into Settings –> System > System Updates. In case if you see any new update, you can hit the download now button to start upgrading your device.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy A20 and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Verizon Galaxy A20.
[note color=”yellow” title_tag=”h2″ title=”Firmware Info:”]
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A20 (SM-A205U)
- Region: USA
- Carrier: Verizon
- Build Number: A205USQS6BTH1
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-08-01
How to Install August 2020 Patch on Verizon Galaxy A20
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Verizon Galaxy A20 device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (A205USQS6BTH1) is only supported for Verizon Galaxy A20.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
[note color=”red” title_tag=”p” title=”Disclaimer:”]GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of hardware or software damage to your device while or after you follow this guide. Install non-official firmware on your device at your own risk.[/note]
[note color=”green” title_tag=”h3″ title=”Download Links:”]
- A205USQS6BTH1 | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
[su_button url=”https://www.getdroidtips.com/flash-firmware-samsung-odin-downloader/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#700aab” color=”#ffffff” size=”7″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: book” icon_color=”#ffffff”]How to install stock firmware on Galaxy A20 using ODIN tool[/su_button]
So, make sure to download the August 2020 Security patch for your Verizon Galaxy A20 model with build number A205USQS6BTH1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.
[su_box box_color=”” title=”Popular Posts:”]
- Samsung Galaxy Android 10 Supported device [One UI 2.0 device list]
- List of Android 9.0 Pie Supported Samsung Galaxy device
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Samsung Galaxy Android 11 Supported Device Tracker: What’s new in One UI 3.0