Samsung started seeding a January 2021 security patch to Galaxy A21s (SM-A217F) with build version A217FXXU5BUA4 / A217FXXU5BUA5. The update is now live for in countries like India, Sri Lanka, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan.
The update is rolling via OTA (over the air) for users which brings nothing major changes except the security patch. A new security patch for January 2021 month fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. So, it’s highly recommended to install this update for better security enhancements. So, either you can wait for the OTA update notification or you can check for it manually.
If you have not received the new build number (A217FXXU5BUA4 / A217FXXU5BUA5) on your Galaxy A21s, then manually check for the OTA update before upgrading your device using the ODIN tool. To check for the January patch or latest update, simply go into Settings > System > System updates.
If you have received the update, then ensure that your device battery is charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network for faster & stable downloads.
Table of Contents
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A21s
- Model: SM-A217F
- Region: Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan
- Build Number: A217FXXU5BUA4 / A217FXXU5BUA5
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-01-01
How to Flash Firmware on Galaxy A21s using ODIN
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy A21s device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (A217FXXU5BUA4 / A217FXXU5BUA5) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy A21s.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
- A217FXXU5BUA4 / A217FXXU5BUA5 | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy A21S stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
So, make sure to download the January 2021 Security patch for your Galaxy A21s model with build number A217FXXU5BUA4 / A217FXXU5BUA5. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.