Samsung released the latest August 2019 security patch update for Galaxy A30 (SM-A305GN) model. It comes with the build number A305GNDXU2ASI1 which is based on the latest Android 9.0 Pie. The software update brings some system improvements as well. Samsung is rolling out the firmware update via an OTA in India for now. It brings the latest August 2019 Android Security Patch level to the system with improved security levels.
We have provided a full guide with installation, pre-requirements, download links, and other tools for your Galaxy A30. So, check out the full guide below. If you have not received then you can check for the OTA update manually on Galaxy A30.
Check for OTA Updates Manually
Whenever the device manufacturer released an Android update for a particular device, an OTA update notification will appear. By just tapping on it, it will ask to confirm download the update. Most of the smartphone OEMs provide OTA updates to its devices in incremental mode and takes a few days to receive completely. However, if your device isn’t receiving any OTA updates automatically, you can check for it.
In order to check for the OTA updates manually on your handset:
- Go to your phone Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the A305GNDXU2ASI1 August 2019 patch update is available on your device, then tap on Download and Install it.
Here is a little info about the firmware which brings the August 2019 security patch for Galaxy A30.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A30
- Model: SM-A305GN
- Baseband Version: A305GNDXU2ASI1
- Security Patch Level: 2019-08-01
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
Steps to Install August 2019 Software Update on Galaxy A30 Manually
We will follow the Odin flash tool guide to install or update the Samsung stock firmware on the Galaxy A30 device. We have provided the full guide below. Check it out. Before going to the installation process, let’s take a look at the requirements as well.
- The ROM is only supported for Galaxy A30 model. Don’t use it other devices.
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and USB cable to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You must download and install the Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Flash tool: Download ODIN Software Tool
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software on your computer.
- You need to enter the Samsung Download Mode.
Here is the download link for the new August 2019 security patch update based stock firmware for the Samsung Galaxy A30 (SM-A305GN). Then follow the full installation guide.
Installation Guide for Firmware
After downloading the firmware file, you need to use Odin Flash Tool to flash it on your device. Here is a detailed guide which you can follow to install the firmware on your device.Guide to Install Firmware on any Samsung Device via Odin Tool
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Video Guide to Flash Stock ROM on any Device
We hope this guide will be helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed or updated the Stock Firmware on your Galaxy A30 device. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.