Samsung is pushing a new software update that brings the October 2019 security patch update to Galaxy A30. This update is rolling with build number A305GNDXU2ASJ4. It is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Along with the security patch, the device gets regular maintenance fix-up as well.
This October 2019 update is moving over-the-air. As OTAs follow a phased rollout, not every Galaxy A30 user in Asia is going to receive it at the same time. OTAs usually drop into devices automatically. However, if you don’t like to wait for the update to roll in on its own, then you can check for the OTA on your own. Otherwise, the best way to receive the October 2019 patch on your Galaxy A30 is to flash the stock firmware A305GNDXU2ASJ4 right away.
We have got the firmware file and a tutorial which will detail out the process to you. So, let’s get started to install October 2019 security patch A305GNDXU2ASJ4 on Galaxy A30.
Check for Software Update
Instead of waiting for the phased rollout of OTA, we suggest you to manually check for the update first.
- Go to the phone Settings > System Update > tap on Check for Latest Updates.
If the latest update A305GNDXU2ASJ4 is available, it will show up on your device. Then tap on the Download button and install the update. Your device should have at least a 50% battery before update download begins. For better download speed, you can use the Wi-Fi to download the software update.
Now, before we flashing the firmware let’s throw a glance on the firmware info.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A30
- Model: SM-A305GN
- Baseband Version: A305GNDXU2ASJ4
- Security Patch Level: 2019-10-01 (October)
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
How to Flash A305GNDXU2ASJ4 October 2019 Patch on Galaxy A30
For the installation, we will the ODIN flash tool. We have linked it below for you to download. It is an exclusive stock firmware installation tool for Samsung devices. Also, we have put up some guidelines which you must go through and follow correctly to ensure that the firmware is properly installed on your Galaxy A30.
- The firmware zip file is only for Galaxy A30 (SM-A305GN). Don’t try to install it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything.
- You will need to enter into the Samsung Download Mode as well.
Now download the firmware zip file for your Galaxy A30 from the link given below.
Download Required Files
Guide to Install the firmware
Download the stock ROM and the flash tool ODIN, check out the installtion guides given below.
So, if you are using a Galaxy A30, make sure not to miss out on the October 2019 security update A305GNDXU2ASJ4 for your device. We hope that this guide was useful to you.