Today Samsung Galaxy A50 (SM-A505F) device is receiving a new firmware update having a new software version A505FDDS6BUA8 based on Android 10. The update is now live globally which includes the January 2021 Security Patch for the Galaxy A50 model and you can easily download and install it by following the guide below.
The new software update is rolling out in the South Asian region hopefully the update will soon arrive at other regions as well. It’s waving in batches via OTA and may take a couple of days or more to arrive on all the units completely. For your info, the January 2021 patchset fixes a security vulnerability in the media framework that could enable a remote attacker to cause security issues. In short, it provides enhanced system security for the device.
Table of Contents
Check OTA Update
The OTA update always roll-out in a phased manner and not all the users may get the same update at the same time. So, it’s better to check for the software update on your device via Settings > System > System Updates > Check for Updates.
If the latest firmware update is available for your handset, simply grab it by downloading and installing it.
Ensure that the device is charged more than 60% and connected to a Wi-Fi network as well.
Firmware Info: A505FDDS6BUA8
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A50 (SM-A505F)
- Region: Global
- Build Number: A505FDDS6BUA8
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-01-01
How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy A50
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (A505FDDS6BUA8) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy A50 in the South Asian region.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
- A505FDDS6BUA8 | Download Samsung Firmware
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy A50 stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
So, make sure to download the January 2021 Security patch for your Galaxy A50 model with build number A505FDDS6BUA8. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.