Samsung keeps impressing us by rolling the latest security patch to their devices as quick as possible. Now the company started rolling the January 2020 Android security patch for the Samsung Galaxy A50 (SM-A505FN) with build number A505FNXXU3ASL6. The update is rolling over the air for the users with the Samsung Galaxy A50 device in the Europe region.
As we speak, the update is live in Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more region. The update is based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you haven’t received the update on your Galaxy A50 device, then you can manually check the software update.
Table of Contents
Samsung Galaxy A50 Device overview:
Samsung Galaxy A50 is powered by octa-core(2 GHz, Dual-core, Kryo 360 + 1.7 GHz, Hexa Core, Kryo 360) processor. The device runs Android 9.0 and is powered by a 7mAh non-removable battery. It comes with a 10.50-inch touchscreen display having a resolution of 1600 X 2560 pixels at a pixel density of 290 pixels per inch. This comes with 4GB of RAM. This device measures 245.00 x 160.00 x 5.50mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 400 grams.
As far as the camera is concerned, the device on the rear packs a 13-megapixel camera. This sports an 8-megapixel camera on the front for selfies. It has a 7040 mAh battery. The device gives an amazing Full HD vision over the large display that one would love. It is assisted by a 4GB RAM with Adreno 615 GPU that gives a smooth gaming and multitasking experience.
Check The Software Update
Go to Settings App > Go to System > Tap on System Updates. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the A505FNXXU3ASL6 update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
Before downloading, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more. Use the WiFi connection to download faster and avoid charges from the operator.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A50 (SM-A505FN)
- Region: Europe
- Build number: A505FNXXU3ASL6
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-01-01
- Supported Country: Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more region
How to install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy A50
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (A505FNXXU3ASL6) is supported for Samsung Galaxy A50
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device
Firmware Installation Guide