Samsung is pushing the latest June 2020 Security Patch for the Galaxy A50 in Asian, New Zealand, and Fiji regions with the software version A505GNDXS5BTF1. You can now download and install this update from this article manually.
As always, Samsung is rolling out the update in batches via OTA and it may take a few days to arrive on all the Galaxy A50 units. This June 2020 patchset fixes a security vulnerability in the System component that could easily harm the device program or user data.
If you’re interested in upgrading your Galaxy A50 handset to the June patch, then you should check for the OTA update first. In order to do this, make sure to head over to the device Settings > System > System updates. If available, simply download and install the update. Make sure to connect your device to Wi-Fi and charge it fully. If not, then you can also manually download and flash the firmware on your Galaxy A50 by using the ODIN Flash Tool. You will get all the necessary details below.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A50
- Model: SM-A505GN
- Region: Asia, New Zealand, and Fiji
- Build Number: A505GNDXS5BTF1
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-06-01
How to Flash Firmware on Galaxy A50 using ODIN
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy A50 device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (A505GNDXS5BTF1) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy A50.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the June 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy A50 model with build number A505GNDXS5BTF1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.