Samsung in USA started rolling the January 2020 Android security patch for the US Unlocked Samsung Galaxy A50 (SM-A505U1) with build number A505U1UES3ASL1. The update is rolling over the air for the users with the Samsung Galaxy A50 device in the USA region.
As we speak, the update is live for the USA carriers like Verizon, T-Mobile, Tracfone, AT&T, Virgin Mobile, Bluegrass, Nextech and Sprint. The update is based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you haven’t received the update on your US unlocked Galaxy A50 device, then you can manually check the software update.
Table of Contents
Samsung Galaxy A50 Device overview:
The handset comes with a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED FHD+ display that’s powered by Exynos 9611 chipset. It’s paired with 4GB/6GB RAM and 64GB/128GB internal storage (expandable up to 1TB via a MicroSD card). The handset sports a 4000mAh battery with 15W fast charging support.
It runs on Android 9 Pie over Samsung’s One UI out-of-the-box. The Samsung Galaxy A50s has a triple rear 48MP + 8MP + 5MP camera setup along with an LED flash, PDAF, and more. On the front side, it features a 32MP selfie camera as well.
The device features Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0, FM Radio, Type-C port, a 3.5mm audio jack, etc. It has an under-display fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, an ambient light sensor, a compass sensor, and a proximity sensor.
Check The Software Update
Go to Settings App > Go to System > Tap on System Updates. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the A505U1UES3ASL1 update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
Before downloading, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more. Use the WiFi connection to download faster and avoid charges from the operator.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A50 (SM-A505U1)
- Region: USA [US Unlocked variants]
- Build number: A505U1UES3ASL1
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-01-01
- Supported Carriers: Verizon, T-Mobile, Tracfone, AT&T, Virgin Mobile, Bluegrass, Nextech and Sprint
How to install stock firmware on US Unlocked Galaxy A50
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (A505U1UES3ASL1) is supported for Samsung Galaxy A50 [US Unlocked]
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device