Samsung is rolling out the October 2019 security patch for various devices. Galaxy A50 is one of the smartphones that is getting the latest month’s security update. The software for the Galaxy A50 is currently rolling over-the-air with build number A505USQS2ASI3. This software is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Most importantly the October security patch fixes a serious security vulnerability for Samsung devices. This update is currently available in USA. We believe soon it will drop into other regions as well.
You can receive the update automatically on your device. However, OTAs move in batches and there is no fixed time when they drop into your device. So, you can upgrade your Galaxy A50 manually by installing the stock firmware which bears the same A505USQS2ASI3 build. We have the latest stock ROM zip file and a firmware installation tutorial which we have put up in this post. So, check it out.
Downloading the OTA
Everyone may not receive the software update right as it rolls out. The OTA moves in batch and gradually all devices will receive the update. So, you may have to keep the patience to get the update for your device. If waiting for the OTA is not your cup of tea, you can try downloading the OTA manually.
To do it, go to your device Settings > Go to System > Tap on System Updates. Now you may see an option called Check for Updates. Tap on it. Now, if the update is available for your device, tap on Download to grab the update.
Connect to a stable Wi-Fi network to quickly perform the software download. Also, charge the battery of your Galaxy A50 up to 50% or more before you download the latest update.
Guide to Install A505USQS2ASI3 Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy A50
If you want to install stock firmware on a Samsung device, you will need the ODIN flash tool. It is exclusively meant for flashing the software manually on Samsung smartphones. We have put up the link below to our detailed guide on installing the latest ROM to complete stock on a Samsung device.
Before going further let’s give you a brief insight into the firmware file you are about to download.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A50 (SM-A505U)
- Region: USA (USC)
- Build number: A505USQS2ASI3
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN Flash Tool
- Security Patch Level: 2019-10-01
Now, let’s move on to the installation part. However, before that let me provide you some basic guidelines which you need to understand and follow. It’s an equally important part of flashing firmware successfully on a Samsung smartphone.
- The firmware provided here is exclusively for Galaxy A50 (SM-A505U).
- Make sure that you should not try to install the Galaxy A50 firmware file on other Samsung devices.
- Recharge your smartphone battery to 50% or more to avoid any power-related issue which will interrupt the installation.
- A PC and a USB Cable
- Remember to take a complete backup of your device and the data present in it before installing the new software.
- Download and install the latest Samsung USB Drivers on your system.
- Download ODIN Flash tool
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your computer.
- Your Samsung Galaxy A50 must be entered into the Samsung Download Mode prior to firmware installation.
Installation Guide for A505USQS2ASI3 firmware [with Video tutorial]How to Install Firmware on Samsung devices using ODIN Flash Tool
If you want to follow a detailed approach for installing the firmware on your Galaxy A50, then we have got a neat little video tutorial for you. It will help you understand how you can flash the latest firmware on your smartphone.Video Tutorial to Install a Stock ROM on A Samsung Smartphone
As the October security patch fixes a major security vulnerability, we recommend that you must install the A505USQS2ASI3 update on your Galaxy A50.