Today Verizon rolled a September 2020 Security patch to Galaxy A50 with version A505USQS8BTH3.The update based on Android 10 and brings no major changes except the security patch and improvements. It is rolling via OTA (Over the air) for users with Verizon carriers. If you have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy A50 with variant SM-A505U, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to September 2020 with build number A505USQS8BTH3.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Verizon Galaxy A50:
If you are using Verizon Galaxy A50, then you may receive the September 2020 patch with firmware version A505USQS8BTH3. If you don’t then check for the OTA update manually by following the step: Settings app | About Phone | System Updates. In case you see any new update, click on the download button to start the upgrade process.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Verizon Galaxy A50 and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy A50 using the ODIN tool.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A50 (SM-A505U)
- Region: USA
- Carrier: Verizon
- Build Number: A505USQS8BTH3
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-09-01
How to Install September 2020 Patch on Verizon Galaxy A50
Flashing firmware on your Galaxy device is easy, all you need is a firmware, drivers, and a tool called ODIN. If you have all this, then you are good to follow this guide.
- This firmware (A505USQS8BTH3) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy A50.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the September 2020 Security patch for your Verizon Galaxy A50 model with build number A505USQS8BTH3. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.