Updated on March 05, 2021: Today Samsung rolled the January 2021 security patch with software version A507FNXXU5CUB3 in India and Sri Lanka.
Samsung keeps impressing us by rolling the latest security patch to their devices as quickly as possible. Now the company started rolling the January 2021 Android security patch for the Samsung Galaxy A50s (SM-A507FN) with build number A507FNXXU5CUB1. The update is rolling over the air for the users with the Samsung Galaxy A50s device in the Vietnam and Thailand region.
As we speak, the update is live for the Thailand region which is based on Android 10. If you haven’t received the update on your Galaxy A50s device, then you can manually check the software update.
Table of Contents
Samsung Galaxy A50s: Overview
The handset comes with a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED FHD+ display that’s powered by Exynos 9611 chipset. It’s paired with 4GB/6GB RAM and 64GB/128GB internal storage (expandable up to 1TB via a MicroSD card). The handset sports a 4000mAh battery with 15W fast charging support.
It runs on Android 9 Pie over Samsung’s One UI out-of-the-box. The Samsung Galaxy A50s has a triple rear 48MP + 8MP + 5MP camera setup along with an LED flash, PDAF, and more. On the front side, it features a 32MP selfie camera as well.
The device features Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0, FM Radio, Type-C port, a 3.5mm audio jack, etc. It has an under-display fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, an ambient light sensor, a compass sensor, and a proximity sensor.
Check The Software Update
Go to Settings App > Go to System > Tap on System Updates. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the A507FNXXU5CUB1 update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
Before downloading, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more. Use the WiFi connection to download faster and avoid charges from the operator.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A50s (SM-A507FN)
- Region: Vietnam / Thailand
- Build number: A507FNXXU5CUB1 / A507FNXXU5CUB3
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-01-01
How to install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy A50s
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (A507FNXXU5CUB1) is supported for Samsung Galaxy A50s in the Thailand region
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device
Firmware Installation Guide
- Download the Samsung SM-A507FN firmware flash file
- Extract the contents of the firmware flash file zip.
- Launch the ODIN application
- Load the firmware files in their appropriate section
- Once you have loaded, now connect your phone to the computer (make sure to boot your device into download mode)
- Notice that the COM port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.Video Tutorial To Install Firmware