Samsung started rolling a new security maintenance update for Galaxy A5 2016 with March 2018 Security Patch. The update comes with build number A510FXXU5CRC1 which fixes nine critical vulnerabilities that were discovered in the Android operating system. It also fixes dozens of moderate-risk and high-risk vulnerabilities along with Five Samsung Vulnerabilities and Exposures (SVE) which found in company’s own software. The update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over The Air) in a phase-wise manner. According to Samsung, the update may days or weeks to reach every user around the globe. To receive this update on your Galaxy A5 2016 (SM-A510F), you must be running an earlier build with no root or mods. If you are rooting your device, then you probably will fail to upgrade your phone.
Talking about the specifications, Galaxy A5 2016 features a 5.2-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Exynos 7580 Octa processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory. The camera on the Galaxy A5 2016 comes with 13MP and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 2900 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has Fingerprint sensor in the front.
You can manually upgrade to A510FXXU5CRC1 build on Galaxy A5 2016 (SM-A510F) by following the below instructions to upgrade via ODIN Downloader.
Still not received the OTA update? Then follow the below instruction to check for new OTA update on your phone.
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy A5 2016 SM-A510F?
- In your phone, tap the Menu Key > Open Settings > Tap on About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. Once the download complete, your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK.That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]Before proceeding to download, Galaxy A5 2016 must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also to install this update, make sure you have enough storage on your device to complete the installation process. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading March 2018 Security for Galaxy A5 2016 (SM-A510F). As this update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
Table of Contents
Steps to Install A510FXXU5CRC1 on Galaxy A5 2016 manually:
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Galaxy A5 2016.
Required ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy A5 2016
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
How to update via ODIN Software
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to A510FXXU5CRC1 on Galaxy A5 2016 SM-A510F.
I hope this guide was helpful to install a new software update on your device.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices