Samsung rolled December 2019 Android security patch for the Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (SM-A520F) with build number A520FXXSCCSL7. The update is rolling over the air for the users in Ireland, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Hungary regions.
As we speak, the update is already live for this region with Galaxy A5 2017 users based on Android 8.0 Oreo. If you haven’t received the update on your Galaxy A5 2017 device, then you can manually check the software update.
Table of Contents
Check The Software Update
Go to Settings App > Go to System > Tap on System Updates. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the A520FXXSCCSL7 update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
Before downloading, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more. Use the WiFi connection to download faster and avoid charges from the operator.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (SM-A520F)
- Region: Ireland, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Hungary
- Build number: A520FXXSCCSL7
- Android OS Version: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2019-12-01
How to install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy A5 2017
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (A520FXXSCCSL7) is supported for Samsung Galaxy A5 2017
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device