Samsung rolled December 2020 Android security patch for the Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (SM-A520F) with build number A520FXXUGCTKA. The update is rolling over the air for the users with the Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 device in the European region.
As we speak, the update is live for Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more region. The update is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. If you haven’t received the update on your Galaxy A5 2017 device, then you can manually check the software update.
Table of Contents
Check The Software Update
Go to Settings App > Go to System > Tap on System Updates. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the A520FXXUGCTKA update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
Before downloading, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more. Use the WiFi connection to download faster and avoid charges from the operator.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (SM-A520F)
- Region: Europe
- Build number: A520FXXUGCTKA
- Android OS Version: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-12-01
- Supported Country: Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more region
How to install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy A5 2017
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (A520FXXUGCTKA) is supported for Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (Europe variants)
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device
Firmware Installation Guide:
- Download the ODIN Flash Tool on your PC
- Make sure to download the new firmware and move it to the desktop
- Open the ODIN and select the firmware file to flash it.
- To know the process, read our guide on how to flash Samsung firmware using Odin
- Also, check out our video tutorial.
So, make sure to download the December 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy A5 2017 with build number A520FXXUGCTKA. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.