Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 started receiving September 2020 security patch update with build number A530FXXSECTI1 which is based on Android 10.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner and will soon hit every user around the world. If you have a Galaxy A8 2018 with variant SM-A530F, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to September 2020 with build number A530FXXSECTI1.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Galaxy A8 2018:
If you are using Galaxy A8 2018, then you may receive the September 2020 patch with firmware version A530FXXSECTI1. If you don’t then check for the OTA update manually by following the step: Settings app | About Phone | System Updates. In case you see any new update, click on the download button to start the upgrade process.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy A8 2018 and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy A8 2018 using the ODIN tool.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 (SM-A530F)
- Region: Global
- Build Number: A530FXXSECTI1
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-09-01
How to Install September 2020 Patch on Galaxy A8 2018
Flashing firmware on your Galaxy device is easy, all you need is a firmware, drivers, and a tool called ODIN. If you have all this, then you are good to follow this guide.
- This firmware (A530FXXSECTI1) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy A8 2018.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.How to install stock firmware on Galaxy A8 2018 using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the September 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy A8 2018 model with build number A530FXXSECTI1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.