Samsung has started rolling out the latest June 2019 security patch for Galaxy A8 2018 (SM-A530F) update. It includes the build number A530FXXU6CSF6 and based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update brings some of the bug fixes, performance improvements and June 2019 Android Security Patch. The latest security patch provides improved security and privacy functions.
The update doesn’t feature any camera improvement like its higher models. It only brings the security level. The latest software version A530FXXU6CSF6 currently rolling out in some of the regions. Such as Russia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and more. The OTA update is an incremental process and will take time to roll out in every region completely. We have to wait for it.
Table of Contents
Check for the OTA Updates Manually
As we already mentioned that the company has started an incremental update process, so it may take a few days more to roll out on other countries including India. Meanwhile, if the update started rolling out but not on your device, then you can check for the OTA manually.
- Go to your phone Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the A530FXXU6CSF6 June 2019 update shows as available, then tap on Download it.
The update size is big enough and may take time to download via mobile carrier data. We will recommend you to enable the Wi-Fi connection for faster and stable download. It will save your limited mobile data as well.
Here are details mentioned about the firmware which brings the June 2019 security patch for Galaxy A8 2018 below.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A8 2018
- Model: SM-A530F
- Baseband Version: A530FXXU6CSF6
- Security Patch Level: 2019-06-01 (June)
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
Steps to Manually Install June 2019 Software Update on Galaxy A8 2018 (SM-A530F)
You need to follow the regular method using Odin Tool to install the new stock firmware on Galaxy A8 2018. Check out the tutorial mentioned below along with requirements and download link.
- This ROM file is only for Galaxy A8 2018 (SM-A530F) handset. Don’t use it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB Cable as well.
- Take a Full Backup of your device data before installing the firmware file.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies software on your computer also.
- You need to Enter into the Samsung Download Mode.
Download A530FXXU6CSF6 Stock ROM for Galaxy A8 2018
Here is the download link of stock firmware for Galaxy A8 2018 which inlcludes the new June 2019 security patch mentioned below.
Guide for Firmware Installation
Here is the stock firmware installation guide for Samsung Galaxy A8 2018. The firmware flashing process is based on Odin Flash Tool. Check out the full detailed guide on it.Guide to Install Stock ROM on any Samsung Device via Odin Flash Tool
You can follow the video tutorial as well for better guidance.
I hope this guide is helpful to install June patch on Galaxy A8 2018.