Samsung has started rolling out the update of the latest June 2019 security patch for Galaxy A6 2018 (SM-A600GN). It carries the build number A600GNUBS5BSF1 and based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update offers some of the bug fixing and performance improvements for the device. This is an OTA update and rolling in Brazil currently.
As this is a staged rollout process, the rest of the regions will get the updates very soon. Most importantly the update brings the latest June 2019 Security Patch and camera update and there is no major changes in the changelog. It weighs around 120MB in size and expected to hit most of the devices globally.
Check for the OTA Updates Manually
As we already mentioned that the company has started an incremental update process, so it may take a few days more to roll out on other countries including India. Meanwhile, if the update started rolling out but not on your device, then you can check for the OTA manually.
- Go to your phone Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the A600GNUBS5BSF1 June 2019 update shows as available, then tap on Download it.
The update size is big enough and may take time to download via mobile carrier data. We will recommend you to enable the Wi-Fi connection for faster and stable download. It will save your limited mobile data as well.
Here are details mentioned about the firmware which brings the June 2019 security patch for Galaxy A6 2018 below.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A6 2018
- Model: SM-A600GN
- Baseband Version: A600GNUBS5BSF1
- Security Patch Level: 2019-06-01 (June)
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
Steps to Manually Install June 2019 Software Update on Galaxy A6 2018
You need to follow the regular method using Odin Tool to install the new stock firmware on Galaxy A6 2018. Check out the tutorial mentioned below along with requirements and download link.
- This ROM file is only for Galaxy A6 2018 (SM-A600GN) handset. Don’t use it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least before flashing.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB Cable as well.
- Take a Full Backup of your device data before installing the firmware file.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies software on your computer also.
- You need to Enter into the Samsung Download Mode.
Download Firmware for Galaxy A6 2018
Here is the download link of stock firmware for Galaxy A6 2018 which includes the new June 2019 security patch mentioned below.
Guide for Firmware Installation
Here is the stock firmware installation guide for Samsung Galaxy A6 2018 (SM-A600GN). The firmware flashing process is based on Odin Flash Tool. Check out the full detailed guide on it.Guide to Install Stock ROM on any Samsung Device via Odin Flash Tool
You can follow the video tutorial as well for better guidance.Video Tutorial of Flashing Stock Firmware using Odin Tool on any Samsung Device
I hope this guide was useful to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy A6 2018 to June 2019 patch.