Samsung is currently rolling out the all-new July 2019 security patch for the Galaxy A6 Plus (SM-A605F). The new update comes with the build number A605FJXS4BSG2 and is based on Android 9.0 Pie. It is available in the United Arab Emirates regions. The OTA will come down to the devices on its own. It’s an automatic process.
You can either wait for the OTA but it may not roll for everyone at the same time. So you can download the firmware that and update your phone by manually installing it. You have to use the ODIN flash tool to install the stock firmware to upgrade your Galaxy A6 Plus to the latest security patch.
Table of Contents
If you’re not able to receive the automatic OTA while others are getting it, you can manually search for it.
- Go to Settings > Systems Update
- tap on Check for updates
- If the new update with A605FJXS4BSG2 shows up, then press Download.
Use the Wi-Fi network to avoid the data charges of the carrier when you download the new July 2019 update for Galaxy A6 Plus. Also, charge your device up to 50 % before installing the new software.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus
- Model: SM-A605F
- Baseband Version: A605FJXS4BSG2
- Security Patch Level: 2019-07-01 (July Patch)
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
How to Install A605FJXS4BSG2 Firmware on Galaxy A6 Plus
Before installing the new update you have to follow some guidelines we have mentioned below.
- This ROM & guide is exclusively for Galaxy A6 Plus (SM-A605F). Do not use it on any other devices.
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more before installing the new update.
- A PC/Laptop
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new stock firmware.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- You have to enter the Samsung Download Mode.
Firmware Download Link
Stock ROM Installation Guide
As said before, you have to use ODIN tool to install the latest stock ROM on your Galaxy A6 Plus (SM-A605F). Follow the installation guide linked below.Guide to Install firmware on any Samsung Device using Odin Tool Video Guide to flash Stock Firmware on your device
So, that’s it, guys. Do not miss the July 2019 security patch for your Galaxy A6 Plus. Download and install it manually or you can wait for the OTA.