Samsung is currently rolling out the June 2018 security patch updates for its Galaxy A6 Plus (2018) device. The latest update bumps the new build number A605FJXU1ARE2 to the phone. In this post, we will guide you to install the A605FJXU1ARE2 June security update on your Galaxy A6 Plus (2018). June 2018 update fixes up a number of CVEs and other security threats. for detail information about the security threats, check out the Google Android security bulletin for June 2018. The update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
The A605FJXU1ARE2 June 2018 security update for Galaxy A6 Plus (2018) is moving over the air. You can wait for the notification from your device to install it when it knocks into your phone. Alternatively, you can also manually download and flash the firmware that brings the A605FJXU1ARE2 software using the Odin Tool. Below you can find the firmware file for Galaxy A6 Plus (2018).
Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus device accompanies a 6.0 inch Super AMOLED display with an aspect ratio 18:9 that is rounded and a resolution of 1080 x 2220 pixels with a PPI of 411 pixels for each inch. It is fuelled by a 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 Octa-core Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 processor and clubbed by a 3-4GB RAM. The smartphone has an internal storage of 32GB or 64GB that is extendable with the use of a microSD up to 256 GB. The super fast fingerprint scanner is positioned on the rear of the device and above it is a Dual 16-megapixel camera. On the front, the camera comes with 24-megapixels for selfies. The SIM card tray accepts two nano-SIMs and is located on the left edge of the device, the right side houses the volume and power buttons.
We recommend you to upgrade your Galaxy A6 Plus (2018) to the latest security patch to keep safe from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus.
Table of Contents
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy A6 Plus (2018)?
If the OTA doesn’t show up, you can manually search for it. Simply go to device Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates. If the latest software update is available then download and install it. Connect to a good Wi-Fi network to download the update as it is a large file. Also, make sure to have a full battery charge on your phone. A low battery will stall the update installation process.
- Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus Stock Firmware Collections (Back to Stock ROM/Unbrick)
- Is Samsung Galaxy A6 2018 waterproof smartphone?
- How to Unbrick or Restore Galaxy A6 and A6 Plus (2018)
- Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus Recovery Mode, Hard and Soft Reset, ODIN Download Mode
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- List of Android 9.0 P Supported Samsung Galaxy device
Steps to Install A605FJXU1ARE2 manually:Watch The Video on How to install Stock Firmware on any Samsung Galaxy devices using ODIN
If you have not received the OTA update, then make sure your device is not rooted or installed any custom ROM. You can always follow this simple guide to update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus (2018).
Required Download Files
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy A6 Plus (2018) [SM-A605F]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to A605FJXU1ARE2 on Galaxy A6 Plus (2018) SM-A605F.
I hope this guide was helpful to install June 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy A6 Plus (2018) based on Android 8.0 Oreo.