Samsung is pushing a new software update that brings the October 2019 security patch update to Galaxy A6 Plus. This update is rolling with build number A605FNXXU4BSJ1. It is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Along with the security patch, the device gets regular maintenance fix-up as well.
This October 2019 update is moving over-the-air. As OTAs follow a phased rollout, not every Galaxy A6 Plus user in Asia is going to receive it at the same time. OTAs usually drop into devices automatically. However, if you don’t like to wait for the update to roll in on its own, then you can check for the OTA on your own. Otherwise, the best way to receive the October 2019 patch on your Galaxy A6 Plus is to flash the stock firmware A605FNXXU4BSJ1 right away.
We have got the firmware file and a tutorial which will detail out the process to you. So, let’s get started to install October 2019 security patch A605FNXXU4BSJ1 on Galaxy A6 Plus.
Table of Contents
Check for Software Update
Instead of waiting for the phased rollout of OTA, we suggest you to manually check for the update first.
- Go to the phone Settings > System Update > tap on Check for Latest Updates.
If the latest update A605FNXXU4BSJ1 is available, it will show up on your device. Then tap on the Download button and install the update. Your device should have at least a 50% battery before update download begins. For better download speed, you can use the Wi-Fi to download the software update.
Now, before we flashing the firmware let’s throw a glance on the firmware info.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus
- Model: SM-A605FN
- Baseband Version: A605FNXXU4BSJ1
- Security Patch Level: 2019-10-01 (October)
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
How to Flash A605FNXXU4BSJ1 October 2019 Patch on Galaxy A6 Plus
For the installation, we will the ODIN flash tool. We have linked it below for you to download. It is an exclusive stock firmware installation tool for Samsung devices. Also, we have put up some guidelines which you must go through and follow correctly to ensure that the firmware is properly installed on your Galaxy A6 Plus.
- The firmware zip file is only for Galaxy A6 Plus (SM-A605FN). Don’t try to install it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything.
- You will need to enter into the Samsung Download Mode as well.
Now download the firmware zip file for your Galaxy A6 Plus from the link given below.
Guide to Install the firmware
Download the stock ROM and the flash tool ODIN, check out the installtion guides given below.
So, if you are using a Galaxy A6 Plus, make sure not to miss out on the October 2019 security update A605FNXXU4BSJ1 for your device. We hope that this guide was useful to you.