In this article, we have shared the August 2020 security patch update for Galaxy A6+ with build number A605FNXXU6CTH1. The update is based on Android 10 and brings no major changes except security patch and bug fixes. This update is now live in the European region.
It is started rolling to the European region such as Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more region. The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner. If you have a Galaxy A6+ with variant SM-A605FN, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to August 2020 with build number A605FNXXU6CTH1.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Galaxy A6+:
If you have not received the notification to upgrade your firmware to A605FNXXU6CTH1, then check for the OTA update manually by going into Settings –> System > System Updates. In case if you see any new update, you can hit the download now button to start upgrading your device.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy A6+ and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy A6+.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A6+ (SM-A605FN)
- Region: Europe
- Build Number: A605FNXXU6CTH1
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-08-01
- Supported Countries: Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more region
How to Install August 2020 Patch on Galaxy A6+
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy A6+ device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (A605FNXXU6CTH1) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy A6+.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.How to install stock firmware on Galaxy A6+ using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the August 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy A6+ model with build number A605FNXXU6CTH1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.