Samsung started rolling the new security patch for their high device lineup. The latest update brings the Android’s Security patch level to July 2018. The update is now live for Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus [SM-A605GN]. The software version for Galaxy A6 Plus accompanied with A605GNUBU2ARG2 / A605GNUBU2ARF2 which also brings a couple of other improvements and fixes. The baseband version A605GNUBU2ARG2 / A605GNUBU2ARF2 weighs around 192MB in size which is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus device accompanies a 6.0 inch Super AMOLED display with an aspect ratio 18:9 that is rounded and a resolution of 1080 x 2220 pixels with a PPI of 411 pixels for each inch. It is fuelled by a 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 Octa-core Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 processor and clubbed by a 3-4GB RAM. The smartphone has an internal storage of 32GB or 64GB that is extendable with the use of a microSD up to 256 GB. The super fast fingerprint scanner is positioned on the rear of the device and above it is a Dual 16-megapixel camera. On the front, the camera comes with 24-megapixels for selfies. The SIM card tray accepts two nano-SIMs and is located on the left edge of the device, the right side houses the volume and power buttons.
We recommend you to upgrade your Galaxy A6 Plus to the latest security patch to keep safe from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus.
Table of Contents
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy A6 Plus?
You can download it over the air by tapping the Download updates manually option in the Software update menu in the phone’s Settings app.
- For that Go to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If you find any new software update on Galaxy A6 Plus, you can hit the Download now button to start upgrading. Wait till the download process completes and your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software update on Galaxy A6 Plus.
[su_note note_color=”#fcf8d7″ text_color=”#000000″]If you are manually downloading the latest A605GNUBU2ARG2 / A605GNUBU2ARF2 July 2018 security patch then hang on to a strong Wi-Fi network. This will help you save your carrier data. Also, keep your phone battery on ample charge. If there is a low power, no update can take place. Alternatively, you can also manually download and install the OTA firmware on Galaxy A6 Plus using ODIN Software. Below you can find the link to download the stock firmware and guide to install the software update.[/su_note]
- Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus Stock Firmware Collections (Back to Stock ROM/Unbrick)
- Is Samsung Galaxy A6 2018 waterproof smartphone?
- How to Unbrick or Restore Galaxy A6 and A6 Plus (2018)
- Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus Recovery Mode, Hard and Soft Reset, ODIN Download Mode
- List of Android 9.0 P Supported Samsung Galaxy device
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Lineage OS 16 : List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0)
- How to fix the missing OEM Unlock button on any Samsung Galaxy Device
- How to Wipe Cache Partition on any Samsung Galaxy Device
- List of Supported Devices to receive Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo Custom ROM [Official/Unofficial]
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus
- Model: SM-A605GN
- Baseband Version: A605GNUBU2ARG2 / A605GNUBU2ARF2
- Security Patch Level: 01.07.2018
- Software: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 7.0 Nougat
Steps to Install A605GNUBU2ARG2 / A605GNUBU2ARF2 manually:Watch The Video on How to install Stock Firmware on any Samsung Galaxy devices using ODIN
If you have not received the OTA update, then make sure your device is not rooted or installed any custom ROM. You can always follow this simple guide to update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus.
Required ROM FilesDownload Full Firmware here
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy A6 Plus [SM-A605GN]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to A605GNUBU2ARG2 / A605GNUBU2ARF2 on Galaxy A6 Plus SM-A605GN.
I hope this guide was helpful to install July 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy A6 Plus based on Android 7.0 Nougat.