Today Samsung started rolling a new update for their Galaxy A8 Plus with security patch upgraded to August 2018. The update comes with build number A605GNUBU2ARH2 / A605GNUBU2ARH3 and weighs almost 230MB in size based on Android 8.0 Oreo. With this update, Samsung has also fixed security bugs and vulnerabilities found in the earlier version. You can now upgrade to August 2018 Security patch on Galaxy A8 Plus.
The August 2018 security patch is rolling over-the-air(OTA). It will be available to the devices in batches. Your phone will automatically catch the OTA. Then you will get the notification to install it. Alternatively, you can manually download and install the firmware zip which brings the security update with the latest build A605GNUBU2ARH2 / A605GNUBU2ARH3 and flash it.
Table of Contents
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy A8 Plus?
If your device is not able to get the update automatically via air, then you can manually check for the same.
- Go to device Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If there is any new software update then hit the Download button to start downloading the software on your Galaxy A8 Plus.
- Wait till the download completes and then tap on Install update to flash the new software.
- As the installation process completes your Galaxy A8 Plus will reboot.
Details of the Firmware :
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A8 Plus
- Model: SM-A605GN
- Baseband Version: A605GNUBU2ARH2 / A605GNUBU2ARH3
- Security Patch Level: 01.08.2018
- Software: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
Download Firmware HereDownload SM-A605GN_A605GNUBU2ARH2 / A605GNUBU2ARH3.Zip Download SM-A605GN_A605GNUBU2ARH2 / A605GNUBU2ARH3.Zip – Mirror
Steps to Install The Software Manually on Galaxy A8 Plus
If you have not received the update, then download the firmware and follow the below steps to install the firmware on your device.
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Ensure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy A8 Plus [SM-A605GN]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something wrong.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
As mentioned above you need to have the ODIN tool, latest firmware, and the required device. Below we have put up the tutorial that you can follow and manually flash the latest August firmware on Galaxy A8 Plus.
I hope this guide was useful to install the build number A605GNUBU2ARH2 / A605GNUBU2ARH3 on Galaxy A8 Plus.