Samsung started rolling its next new update for the Galaxy A70 (SM-A705FN) with February 2020 Security patch. The update arrives in Europe with a software version A705FNXXS5ATD1 based on Android 10. As we talk, the update already rolled out in Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more. Here you can download and install this firmware update on your Galaxy A70 easily.
As the firmware update is arriving over the air in an incremental manner, it will take some time to hit all the units. It’s recommended to check for OTA updates manually on your device if you can’t wait further. Alternatively, you can follow our full-depth guide below to install the firmware including download links and requirements. This new firmware update brings a critical security vulnerability in the System component that could enable a remote attacker that could affect Android devices.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update Manually
Due to the incremental OTA roll-out process, most of the devices receive firmware updates periodically according to the region and server. However, you can manually check the OTA update on your handset. Head over to the device Settings >> System >> System Updates >> Check for Updates.
If a new firmware update is available for your device, just download and install it by following on-screen instructions. For a smoother update, make sure to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and charge your handset more than 60%.
Firmware Info: A705FNXXS5ATD1
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A70 (SM-A705FN)
- Region: Europe
- Build Number: A705FNXXS5ATD1
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-02-01
- Supported Countries: Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Bosnia, and more
How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy A70
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (A705FNXXS5ATD1) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy A70 in the European region.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide: A705FNXXS5ATD1
or the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.How to install stock firmware on Galaxy A70 using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the February 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy A70 model with build number A705FNXXS5ATD1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.