Samsung started seeding the January 2020 security patch update for the Galaxy A70 based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update is now live with software version A705GMDDU5ATA1 in India. Here you can easily download and manually install the firmware on your Galaxy A70.
The all-new January 2020 patch set brings the improved system security for the Samsung Galaxy A70 (SM-A705GM) model via OTA in a phased manner. Therefore, we can expect that the update will soon arrive at all the units in India. However, we will recommend you to check for OTA updates manually on your device. If not, then follow the full guide to install the new version on your handset by following the guide below.
Table of Contents
Check Software Updates
Some times, the OTA update may take some time to appear on all the units. Therefore, you should check for the OTA update manually by heading over to the phone Settings >> System >> System Updates. If available, simply download and install it.
Firmware Details: A705GMDDU5ATA1
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A70 (SM-A705GM)
- Region: India
- Build Number: A705GMDDU5ATA1
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-01-01
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy A70
If in case, you’re not getting the software update notification on your device, just follow the requirements and download links below before heading over to the firmware installation guide.
- This ROM is for the Galaxy A70 (Global) variant only.
- Charge your device more than 60%.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Keep your device data backed up completely.
- Make sure that you’ve downloaded all the required files, drivers, and tools on your PC.
Firmware Installation Guide: A705GMDDU5ATA1
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the guide below. Additionally, we’ve provided the video guide as well.
We hope you’ve found this guide helpful. If you’ve any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.