Today T-Mobile and Sprint Galaxy A71 5G started receiving June 2020 security patch with build number A716USQU1ATFB.
T-Mobile and Sprint in USA started seeding the May 2020 security patch to Galaxy A71 5G with build version A716USQU1ATEL. You can follow this guide to install the update manually on your device using ODIN.
The update is rolling via OTA (over the air) for users which brings nothing major changes except security patch. A new security patch for May 2020 month fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. So, it’s highly recommended to install this update for better security enhancements. So, either you can wait for the OTA update notification or you can check for it manually on your device.
If you have not received the new build number on your T-Mobile/Sprint Galaxy A71 5G, then manually check for the OTA update before upgrading your device using the ODIN tool. To check for the May patch or latest update, simply go into Settings > System > System updates.
Before hitting the download button, make sure to charge your phone and connect your device to a good WiFi or Internet network. Carrier charges may be applicable.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A71 5G
- Model: SM-A716U
- Region: USA
- Carriers: T-Mobile/Sprint
- Build Number: A716USQU1ATFB
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-06-01
How to Flash Stock ROM on T-Mobile/Sprint Galaxy A71 5G using ODIN
To install the firmware manually, you can simply download the required firmware, tools, and drivers on your computer before following the instruction guide link.
- This firmware is only supported for T-Mobile/Sprint Galaxy A71 5G.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Downloads and Changelog
- A716USQU1ATFB: June 2020 security patch – Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- A716USQU1ATEL: May 2020 security patch – Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the June 2020 Security patch for your T-Mobile/Sprint Galaxy A71 5G. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.