Today Samsung rolled April 2020 Security Patch update to Galaxy A7 2017 (SM-A720F variant) in the Ecuador region. The update labeled with build number A720FXXS9CTD3 which is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo. In this guide, you can follow our instructions to install the April 2020 Security Patch for Galaxy A7 2017.
There are no major changes apart from the security patch level which fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. We highly recommend you to install the latest patch to secure your Galaxy A7 2017 in the future cyber-attack. You can check for the latest software update by going into device Settings > System > System updates.
Firmware Details: A720FXXS9CTD3
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 (SM-A720F)
- Region: Ecuador
- Build Number: A720FXXS9CTD3
- Android OS Version: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-04-01
Table of Contents
How to Install Firmware on Galaxy A7 2017
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (A720FXXS9CTD3) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy A7 2017.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide: A720FXXS9CTD3
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the April 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy A7 2017 model with build number A720FXXS9CTD3. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.