Samsung started rolling the January 2021 Android security patch for the Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 (SM-A720F) with build number A720FXXS9CUA2. The update is rolling over the air for the users with the Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 device in the South Asia region.
As we speak, the update is live in India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Nepal. The update is based on Android 10. If you haven’t received the update on your Galaxy A7 2017 device, then you can manually check the software update.
Table of Contents
Check The Software Update
Go to Settings App > Go to System > Tap on System Updates. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the A720FXXS9CUA2 update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
Before downloading, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more. Use the Wi-Fi connection to download faster and avoid charges from the operator.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 (SM-A720F)
- Region: South Asia
- Build number: A720FXXS9CUA2
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2021-01-01
- Supported country: India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Nepal
How to install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy A7 2017
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (A720FXXS9CUA2) is supported for Samsung Galaxy A7 2017
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device
Firmware Installation Guide:
- First, download all the necessary files on your PC including the ODIN Flash Tool.
- Install and launch the ODIN flash tool > Select the Galaxy A7 2017 stock firmware file according to your region to flash it.
- You can check out the full depth firmware flashing guide here: How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware Using Odin Flash Tool
- For better visualization support, you can also check out our full-depth video tutorial.
So, make sure to download the January 2021 Security patch for your Galaxy A7 2017 with build number A720FXXS9CUA2. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.