Today Samsung started rolling the latest software update Galaxy A7 2017 SM-A720F. In this update, the company has upgraded the Android Security Patch level to February 2018 on Galaxy A7 2017 SM-A720F. The update is labeled with software version A720FXXU3BRB8 / A720FXXU3BRB9 and brings all the latest security vulnerabilities fix for the devices. Now you can download and install the build number A720FXXU3BRB8 / A720FXXU3BRB9 with February 2018 Security Patch update for Galaxy A7 2017. The new update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
The software update is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) and If you are running Stock ROM without any root or mods, then you can simply check for the OTA update to upgrade the OS to February 2018 Security patch. In case if your device is rooted, then you can manually upgrade to A720FXXU3BRB8 / A720FXXU3BRB9 build on Galaxy A7 2017 (SM-A720F) by following the below instructions to upgrade via ODIN Downloader.
Still not received the OTA update? Then follow the below instruction to check for new OTA update on your phone.
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy A7 2017 SM-A720F?
- In your phone, tap the Menu Key > Open Settings > Tap on About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. Once the download complete, your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK.That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]Before proceeding to download, Galaxy A7 2017 must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also to install this update, make sure you have enough storage on your device to complete the installation process. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading February 2018 Security for Galaxy A7 2017 (SM-A720F). As this update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
Steps to Install A720FXXU3BRB8 / A720FXXU3BRB9 on Galaxy A7 2017 manually:
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Galaxy A7 2017.
Required ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy A7 2017
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
How to update via ODIN Software
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to A720FXXU3BRB8 / A720FXXU3BRB9 on Galaxy A7 2017 SM-A720F.
I hope this guide was helpful to install a new software update on your device.